Bilingual Rehabilitation Specialist (Disability)
1 year contract
Our Client is a leading international financial services group that provides financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions.
Work with Case Managers to deliver Absence Management Consultation Services (AMCS) including ergonomic evaluations and return to work meetings/planning. The position will contribute to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating a timely return to work for our policyholders’ employees.
***This is a Work from Home opportunity in New Brunswick. Travelling around the Atlantic Provinces is required, so you must have your own vehicle.***
- Contributing to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating more timely return to work for claimants
- Meet directly with stakeholders to provide early intervention services and facilitate return-to-work meetings
- Manage medical/non-medical and complex cases using a goal-oriented plan approved by the Case Manager
- Providing goal oriented ergonomic evaluations
- Ability to perform ergonomic evaluations/facilitation meetings
- University degree in Kinesiology, Ergonomics or related field
- Extensive vocational rehabilitation experience (5 years) or several years active rehabilitation experience
- Case management experience would be considered an asset;
- Sound knowledge of occupational health issues, vocational rehabilitation and disability insurance
- Valid driver’s license and car is required to travel to various locations; willingness to travel throughout the province
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- PC skills - Windows, Word and Excel
- Completion of related Insurance Industry courses would be an asset.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to quickly identify relevant issues and stakeholder need
- Strong in negotiation with the ability to influence others
- Demonstrated strength in conflict management skills
- Proven analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage a large caseload and the stress and pressure related to multiple demands on time combined with direct contact with claimants
- Strength in working independently and in a cohesive team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.