Strivant Health is moving to a 22K sq ft office space in Tinley Park, IL getting ready for expansion. Come join the growth!
Does this describe you?
- Ability to excel - As both a student and teacher
- Open minded - We value opinions and contributions from every member of the team
- Great attitude - We can’t teach that stuff!
- Go-Getter Mindset - Willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done
If so, we'd like to hear from you. We are looking for like-minded individuals to become part of our dynamic, enthusiastic and growing team! Please submit your resume today.
Who we are:
Strivant Health's foundation was created in 1996 (Lone Star MSO) on the idea of perfecting the business of medicine and revenue cycle management by using better people, processes and technology. Today we provide best in class Medical Billing, Collections, Call Center, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Benefits: Strivant Health offers its employees excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k), paid holidays, PTO.
TITLE: Bilingual Referral Specialist - Medical Contact Center
LOCATION: 18670 Graphics Drive, Tinley Park, IL 60477
HOURS: Monday - Friday. You are assigned a specific shift schedule:
- 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
STATUS: Full Time, benefits eligible
TRAVEL: No travel required
Responsible for accurately scheduling complex specialist referral appointments as requested by client clinic personnel or client patients. Conducts physician office/patient interview and explains referral procedure guidelines and policies. Coordinates with other clinical departments to assign specialist appointments and/or schedule modifications. Frequent contact with client physician office staff and potential patients.
- Offers all physician referral callers assistance in setting up appointment with physician specialist office.
- Using Contact Center database application accurately completes computer input on each referral/reservation as required based on call criteria.
- Updates Contact Center database application to reflect steps completed to assign referral and call resolution.
- Use of telephone communication skills in each of the following areas:
- Greeting – greeting calls with name, in a positive manner and follows greeting scripts.
- Caller Details – gathering accurate caller demographics, advertising source, etc.
- Technical Skills – following scripts for program descriptions, location, directions, and call guides as appropriate.
- Communication – conducting calls with appropriate voice and tone, correct call transition techniques, effective listening skills, good grammar, and ability to display control of call.
- Follows protocol in instances we’re unable to assist caller.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to varied age-specific populations although, this position has no responsibility for treatment or care of patients.
- Position requires complete knowledge and understanding of medical terminology as it relates to physician referrals.
- Review the account information and necessary system applications to determine the next appropriate work activity.
- Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete reports, and resolve high priority and aged inventory.
- Provide technical assistance, coaching and training to other team members
- Conducts periodic quality assurance checks on self
- Stay informed of changes with the procedures and laws for the specific insurance carriers or payers.
- Assist in special projects assigned by management.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
- Respond timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff, management, and the client.
- Effectively communicate issues to management, including escalated account issues as well as develop solutions.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual Contact Center Referral Specialists must be able to speak English and Spanish fluently.
- 1 year of previous experience in a contact center or similar patient/customer service environment, experience with scheduling or referrals preferred.
- Previous experience with medical billing or patient scheduling systems required
- Ability to handle a high call volume environment while maintaining high performance.
- Medical terminology knowledge required.
- Ability to maintain high energy and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to promoting and providing excellent customer service.
- Adapts rapidly to change and balances multiple priorities.
- Thinks quickly and uses appropriate judgment with a self-directed work style
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, diplomacy, and patience while interacting with customers and colleagues.
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve problems and document the outcome
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and recognize trends to effectively work referral requests
- Solid skill with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel
- Initiative to learn new tasks and the ability to apply acquired knowledge to future duties
- Flexibility, adaptability, and accountability are necessary for optimum client results
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, when requested
We are looking forward to reviewing your resume!
No agencies, please!
Search tags: Customer Service Rep, Patient Access, Patient Financial Rep, Scheduling Rep, Revenue Cycle, RCM, Accounts Receivables Rep, Patient Account Rep, Patient Service Rep, Account Rep, Medical Coding, Medical Credentialing, Medical Referrals, Medical Billing, Physician Billing, Hospital Billing, Patient Verification.
Job Type: Full-time