Position: Bilingual Proposal Writer, Group Benefits - JP6550
Duration: 5+ months (8 hours per day)
Location: Remote for now and later Montreal, QC
Group Benefits serves the needs of plan sponsors and members, and market sources helping Canadians lead healthier lives. The GB Marketing team is accountable for developing sound marketing strategies to support GB's growth objectives and distinguishing GB as the premier service provider in the industry.
Within the Marketing team lies the Sales Marketing team. This team develops and delivers high-quality, timely responses to sales proposals (request for proposals) that are helping plan sponsors select a partner for their Group Benefits program.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for creating customized sales proposal documents for Group Benefits' prospective and existing clients. The incumbent will report to the Proposal Manager.
- Leads and acts as project manager in the development of client-centric RFP responses from start to finish
- Ensures quality, accuracy, completeness, compliance, and timely delivery of proposals
- Leads multiple proposals and priorities simultaneously
- Leads strategy/kick-off meetings with key partners to determine strategy and action plan; orchestrates strategic approach to win business by identifying client hot topics
- Works with the Sales team to ensure a clear focus on the customer and finds opportunities to differentiate GBRS from the competition
- Liaises with key subject matter authorities to develop high-quality responses and help evolve our database of standard proposal content
- Provides proactive, strategic insight on the content for sales proposals and relevant collateral
- Ensures content management database is relevant and updated regularly
- Shares leading practices with the RFP team
- Drives efficiencies for continuous improvement in the proposal process
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a liberal arts, business, or communications focus.
- Minimum of 5 years of related working experience in the financial services industry.
- Minimum 3 years proposal writing experience
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with ability to interact with all levels of management, including senior executives
- Previous experience in business development, proposal, and/or technical writing
- A solid understanding of group benefits.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and project management skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to spot inaccurate or inconsistent data.
- An entrepreneurial spirit along with a strong sense of ownership.
- PC proficient, particularly in Adobe and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Primary Location Canada