Magellan Aerospace is in the process of realigning our Global Recruitment Team to assist with the delivery of transformation throughout the Company's global recruitment and we want you to be part of this exciting initiative!
We are looking for a bilingual English/Spanish talent sourcing specialist who is a proactive networker, excellent relationship builder and partner within our organization to help us realize our vision of a standardized global recruitment process across all of our divisions worldwide. This role will report to Magellan's Global Recruitment Lead, and will be responsible for employing proactive sourcing methods to discover passive talent and developing a strong pipeline of potential candidates. The person will also be an active player in the facility's internal Human Resources team and contribute other HR functions and responsibilities.
The position will be based out of Magellan Aerospace New York's Office in Queens or Corona.
Magellan Aerospace offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize Company ATS - PC Recruiter to review applications, shortlist and screen candidates before progressing to interview and subsequently offer stage
- Conduct research and sourcing campaigns for specialized roles, and determine strategies for roles which are challenging to fill, mission-critical, and/or extremely urgent
- Collaborate with HR and hiring managers to understand strategic talent needs and identify each position’s requirements
- Use social media networks, database searches, and other online recruiting tools to look for and connect with potential candidates
- Provide positive hiring manager and candidate experience
- Reach out to candidates of interest to gauge interest and/or request information
- Has a creative and proactive sourcing approach, and stays current on the latest sourcing methods and trends
- Super user of ATS, Indeed, LinkedIn, and other online platforms
- Lead social media campaigns to increase visibility and to brand the company as an attractive employer of choice
- May be required to perform some of the Recruitment Coordinator’s responsibilities
- Lead onboarding of new employees and ensure smooth transition
- Participate and contribute to other HR functions, such as benefits administration, CBA interpretation, employee relations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or a related field is an asset
- Previous experience in recruitment/ talent sourcing or a similar role
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and other Human Resources Management software – experience using PC Recruiter specifically is considered an asset
- Familiarity with social media platforms, job boards and resume databases, particularly LinkedIn and Indeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish (particularly business communications knowledge), as well as great customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Time-management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and to action multiple projects simultaneously
- Some knowledge of Labor and Employment Law legislation in the US
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Functional IT skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to build and manage strong and lasting relationships with both internal and external clients and contacts
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and respect
- Excellent teamwork and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment; as well as ability to work well independently
- Focused on delivering a positive experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Has a global mindset
- A proactive networker
- Self-driven with strong work ethic
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.