Bi-Lingual Human Resources Manager We are currently working with stable and growing Manufacturing company located near Santa Fe Springs, CA targeting an Human Resources Manager that will be part of supporting an organization that emphasizes team work and innovation. Our client’s employees look forward to going to their jobs every day. In fact, they have a hard time leaving because they enjoy the challenges, their co-workers, and the atmosphere. Our client promotes lots of opportunities for growth and challenge. We look forward to representing you and “investing in your career”. Must be Bi-Lingual in Spanish and Have Union experience. SummaryThe Bilingual HR Manager is a key member of the HR team designed to provide value-added customer service as well as development of the organization’s people and processes. This business partner performs the full scope of Human Resources activities such as employee/labor relations, recruitment, on-boarding, training & development, coaching, workers’ compensation, safety, benefits administration, legal compliance, and performance management. The role is also responsible for driving the strategic labor activities and initiative as it relates to Union Management and Labor Relations. This individual contributor works with the HR Director to partner with key leaders in the organization to align HR practices with current and future business needs. JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
- Executes proactive labor relations and positive employee relations strategies that maintain workforce stability and ensures a highly engaged work environment.
- Ensures compliance with all State and Federal employment laws and regulations and union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Manages Employee/Labor Relations by conducting investigations, documenting, developing responses and actions, assisting with discipline, responding to grievances, and participating in arbitrations and labor negotiations.
- Maintains a strong HR presence on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Supports the organization with performance management processes. Provides training and coaching on employee/labor relations issues, policies and procedures and legal compliance.
- Supports and coordinates performance management activities for the business such as, annual performance appraisals, scorecards, bonus programs, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Coordinates Company-wide training initiatives, including State funded (ETP) Training.
- Delivers training and development programs to improve organization capabilities and effectiveness.
- Ensures company compliance with provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), and CALOSHA.
- Coordinates open enrollment and employee benefits programs such as medical/major medical, vision and dental plans, life insurance and retirement plans, short and long term disability programs, accidental death policies, ESOP, supplemental benefit programs, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence and employee assistance programs.
- Prepares applicable reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissions, and other regulatory agencies. Provides support during internal and external audits.
- Ensures all personnel records including medical and confidential files, benefits enrollment, claims records and training files are updated and complete.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee information in accordance with HIPPA.
- Leads Wellness Program.
- Performs comprehensive timely accident investigations, develops accident trends, and implements programs/action plans for accident prevention and improving safety performance. Conducts root cause analysis of injuries and near misses and makes recommendations
- Ensures compliance with company’s safety program, benefits program, workers’ compensation and LOA program and holds monthly safety meetings and training for all employees;
- Manages Workers’ Compensation program to ensure that claims are qualified, adjudicated and/or appealed based on the merits of the case; keeps management informed on the progress of claims submitted, those in-progress and/or settled.
- Oversees return to work program; provides guidance to managers concerning return-to-work and/or modified work issues, and documents the Interactive Process.
- Represents the company at unemployment and workers’ compensation claim review meetings and hearings as required; manages an active caseload of claims from inception to resolution.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA or BS Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or related field from a four-year College or university required. Master’s degree and PHR/SPHR certification, a plus
- Minimum 7-10 years HR Generalist experience in manufacturing environment; 3-5 years in union setting.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Must be skilled and knowledgeable in all facets of the role of an HR generalist.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws, regulations and requirements related to HR including ERISA, EEO, LOAs, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, COBRA, Wage & hour and others.
- Demonstrated experience and success in talent acquisition and organization building
- Strong influencing, change management and coaching skills.
- Ability to build trust and credibility, provide direction, communicate and ensure alignment across all levels of leadership and key stakeholders.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to respond to Company emergencies 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Valid Driver's License with DMV evidence of good driving record.
- Lead and assist various HR activities for the organization, goal and objective setting, regulatory program compliance, achievement of key HR scorecard metrics, etc.
- Provide Generalist support to over 140 person organization and support a unionized operation in performance management, recruiting, employee/labor relations, benefits administration, etc.
- Support labor relations activities, including administration of grievance process, interpretation of contract, and coaching management on consistent application of policies and practices.
- Actively lead employee investigations/progressive discipline process.
- Facilitate classes and seminars, including, new hire orientation, harassment prevention, safety, goal setting process, benefits & compensation, coaching, etc.
- Other miscellaneous duties, including but not limited to : Employee Activities/Events, All-employee meetings, recognition programs, communications.
Santa Fe Springs, CA