Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The Funding Coordinator is accountable for providing processing, monitoring, coordination and follow-up of all lending terms and conditions for Automotive Finance, to ensure funds are advanced in a timely manner. This role is accountable to provide exceptional customer service throughout the fulfillment process by responding to client inquiries and escalating issues as appropriate.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Provide detailed instruction to ensure proper preparation, registration, and validation of security documentation as per terms and conditions of authorized credit and in compliance with Bank Lending Policies and Procedures to ensure bank assets are safe and secure. Follow up on any outstanding security/documentation.
• Report any deficiencies on credit deficiencies to assist with the compilation of required reports for review by the Senior Manager, Client Servicing to support monitoring the quality of the portfolio and minimization of risk Foster a strong working relationship with the underwriting team to ensure effective work flows are attained Provide prompt, efficient, superior customer service to external clients, maintaining a high level of Dealer customer loyalty to promote additional business opportunities.
• Manage the disbursement of funds for all Automotive Finance deals, ensuring accuracy of data.
• Proactively manage outstanding files/conditions through the completion of funding, working with clients to improve funding ratios Provide recommendations to Manager on process improvements and operational effectiveness, ensuring continual consideration to bank audit and regulatory requirements.
• Risk Management and Control: Protect the Bank's assets and maintain the quality of the Automotive Finance lending portfolio by adhering to all lending regulations, Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, bank guidelines and lending process requirements including thorough investigation, and, if applicable credit due diligence and input of sound rationale to mitigate identified risks.
• Manage risk and minimize losses through monitoring and control reports, ensuring compliance requirements, audits and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank Policies and Procedures and regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
• Ensure adherence to all aspects of First Principles our code of Business Conduct and Ethics including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
• Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation. Keep up to date on changes to, processes, P & P and technologies ensuring adherence to bank guidelines.
• Meet all established SLAs as prescribed by Bank policies and guidelines Maintain compliant customer files, ensuring privacy and accuracy are top priority
What you will bring to this role:
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• 0-1 years banking industry and data entry experience
• Bilingual French & English is a MUST HAVE
• Previous experience in a fast paced productivity environment where targets are met
• File review experience (file management)
• Ability to navigate multiple applications (Web based systems-internal to BMO)
NICE TO HAVES:
• DOS system experience
• Strong disposition towards client service excellence
• Strong phone etiquette
• Works well in a team environment, but still able to work autonomously.
• Proactive and positive; presents solutions not problems
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.