Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional &
corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The Funding Coordinator is accountable for providing processing, monitoring, coordination and follow-up of all lending terms and conditions for Automotive
Finance, to ensure funds are advanced in a timely manner. This role is accountable to provide exceptional customer service throughout the fulfillment process
by responding to client inquiries and escalating issues as appropriate.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Facilitates decisioning and analysis of all types of credit information to support lending decisions and processes for the bank. Maintains and promotes a
client service environment to satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance
with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
• Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing customers.
• Partners with internal stakeholders for accurate, detailed client information.
• Develops credit information to make lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
• Assists in negotiations of terms and conditions of all decisions made via phone and e-mail interaction with clients.
• Prepares summary, present facts and offer opinions concerning credit worthiness.
• Minimizes risk exposure by adhering to internal credit policies and procedures with respect to lending decisions.
• Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
• Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits.
• Analyzes issues and determines next steps; escalates as required.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
What you will bring to this role:
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Typically between 1 - 2 years of relevant experience
• Basic specialized knowledge.
• Previous experience in a fast paced productivity environment where targets are met
• File review experience (file management)
• Ability to navigate multiple applications
• Verbal & written communication skills
• Organization skills
• Collaboration & team skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
NICE TO HAVES:
• Previous bank/auto finance experience
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients
feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities,
and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.