Our client is with the provincial government in Ottawa, Ontario.
We are looking for a contractual resource to work as our Database Administrator (DBA) for a minimum of 10 months (extension possible) to maintain our current Oracle database but also to setup our new MS SQL environment. Also the resource will be responsible for the technical management of our current Student Information System (SIS) and work on the migration to our new SIS. The work environment is unilingual French (all discussion and internal documentation) but English is used in some communications with the supplier of the SIS and other vendors. For the time being the work is done remotely.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Install, configure and manage Oracle and MS SQL servers and databases
- Install, configure and manage the Trillium platform;
- Install, configure and manage the Aspen platform;
- Ensure security and monitoring of databases environments;
- Coordinate and monitor data transfers and conversions;
- Develop and revise data access processes;
- Monitor the databases' performance and optimize queries;
- Develop scripts and review the development team’s scripts and revise ERDs;
- Create, maintain and promote collaboration within the department and with clients that require the support of the database administrator.
What you will bring to this role:
- University degree in computer science;
- A combination of relevant experiences with other degrees can be considered;
- Minimum of five (5) years as a DBA;
- Experience in Oracle database management;
- Experience in MS SQL database management;
- Experience using PL / SQL and T-SQL language;
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Server is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Trillium and/or Aspen student management software is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Have a strong analytical and problem-solving capacity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates leadership;
- Demonstrate initiative, judgment and discretion;
- The candidate must be able to work in a 100% French speaking environment, Furthermore, the ideal candidate must be fluent in French and English both orally and in writing in order to be considered;
- Criminal history (with reference to the vulnerable sector) dating back six (6) months or less prior to your start date.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.