Position: Bilingual Case Manager - JP5304 x 2 positions
Duration: 1 year contract
Major Insurance is looking for very talented and highly motivated individuals to join its dynamic Claims team as Claims Agents, Long Term Disability Claims. These are permanent full-time positions. Reporting to the Section Head, Disability Settlements, the Claims Officer, Long Term Disability Settlements is responsible for analyzing and processing claims for long term disability benefits and waiver of life insurance premiums. , taking into account contractual arrangements, medical information and survey data in order to make fair and prompt decisions.
- Evaluate long term disability benefit claims.
- Provide technical guidance by investigating and identifying the needs for building records.
- Determine what medical, contractual or eligibility information is needed, then obtain and analyze it.
- Develop case management plans identifying issues and actions to be taken.
- Review the terms of group insurance contracts and the medical information presented to identify discrepancies and inconsistencies during the assessment of disability benefit eligibility.
- Knowledge of provincial laws and regulations.
- Good knowledge of medical terminology and management, as well as the pharmaceutical field.
- Ability to develop and implement objective-based settlement management plans.
- Good knowledge of and ability to use disability management tools and techniques.
- Experience in disability claims is a definite asset.
- Experience in group insurance would be useful.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Ability to make strategic decisions
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- University degree in Occupational Health, Psychology, Kinesiology or related rehabilitation field or equivalent industry experience