Position: Bilingual Case Coordinator
Duration: 12 months
Location: Montreal, QC - Open to candidates from all over Quebec and Ontario (near QC border – Ottawa, Hawkesbury, etc.). Nothing further out.
Bilingual (French/English) required
University degree in Occupational Health, Psychology, Kinesiology or any related medical or rehabilitation required
Looking to hire ASAP for candidate to join November 29 training class. Training will be in English, so candidates must not mind this, but the role itself will be in French and English.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Absence Management Solutions, the Intake Case Manager will triage all incoming disability cases to determine complexity and will manage all non-complex cases to resolution. This role will also provide task-specific support to a team of Absence Management Solutions Case Managers. The position will contribute to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating more timely return to work for our policyholder's employees.
This role is front-line client facing and will have accountability for delivering superior client services and effective communication to employees and employers throughout the life of the case.
Strong decision making skills are required to determine the case complexity according to a pre-defined framework of criteria. This role is very much geared to having the case manager work towards health, productivity and financial outcomes for the plan sponsor and its employees.
- Case Triage (50-60%) - All incoming disability cases will be directed to the Case Coordinator to determine level of complexity and assigning cases appropriately based on established criteria.
- Non-Complex Case Management (30-40%) - All disability cases determined to be non-complex, will be managed to resolution by the case coordinator, who must continually evaluate whether the active cases remain non-complex or whether to transition the case to a Case Manager. Focus will be on minimizing administrative delays and on reducing the duration of employee work absences.
- Case Manager Administrative Tasks (10%) - Complete specified administrative tasks on all cases (eg. Faxing, forms preparation, employee follow-ups)
- Communication (Integrated into above accountabilities) - Effectively communicate with employees and employers to determine all factors that may influence case complexity, including diagnosis, duration of disability and the presence of non-medical barriers.
- Service Delivery (Integrated into above accountabilities) - Ensuring that all service delivery targets for the AMS products are met.
- Bilingual (French/English) required
- Good understanding of and experience with medical terminology and conditions - University degree in Occupational Health, Psychology, Kinesiology or any related medical or rehabilitation field
- 1 to 2 years Healthcare background
- Strong decision making and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail - particularly with numbers, spelling and grammar
- Excellent communication skills; ability to direct conversations and target specific issues or lines of questioning Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fact-paced, team environment
- Intermediate - PC skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Completion of some related insurance industry courses would be an asset
- Previous Group Disability Claims experience an asset