Position: Bilingual Case Coordinator Absence Management Solutions I - JP5413
Duration: 1 year with potential extension or conversion to PERM
Location: Remote for now and later Halifax, NS
- Reporting to the Supervisor, Absence Management Solutions, the Intake Case Manager will triage all incoming disability cases to determine complexity and will manage all non-complex cases to resolution.
- This role will also provide task-specific support to a team of Absence Management Solutions Case Managers.
- The position will contribute to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating more timely return to work for our policyholder's employees.
- This position is based in Halifax, NS.
- This role is front-line client facing and will have accountability for delivering superior client services and effective communication to employees and employers throughout the life of the case.
- Strong decision making skills are required to determine the case complexity according to a pre-defined framework of criteria.
- This role is very much geared to having the case manager work towards health, productivity and financial outcomes for the plan sponsor and its employees.
- Case Triage (50-60%) - All incoming disability cases will be directed to the Case Coordinator to determine level of complexity and assigning cases appropriately based on established criteria.
- Non-Complex Case Management (30-40%) - All disability cases determined to be non-complex, will be managed to resolution by the case coordinator, who must continually evaluate whether the active cases remain non-complex or whether to transition the case to a Case Manager.
- Focus will be on minimizing administrative delays and on reducing the duration of employee work absences.
- Case Manager Administrative Tasks (10%) - Complete specified administrative tasks on all cases (eg. Faxing, forms preparation, employee follow-ups)
- Communication (Integrated into above accountabilities) - Effectively communicate with employees and employers to determine all factors that may influence case complexity, including diagnosis, duration of disability and the presence of non-medical barriers.
- Service Delivery (Integrated into above accountabilities) - Ensuring that all service delivery targets for the AMS products are met.
- Good understanding of and experience with medical terminology and conditions
- 2 to 3 years Healthcare background
- Strong decision making and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail - particularly with numbers, spelling and grammar
- Excellent communication skills; ability to direct conversations and target specific issues or lines of questioning
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fact-paced, team environment
- PC skills including MS Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
- Completion of some related insurance industry courses would be an asset
- Previous Group Disability Claims experience an asset
- Bilingualism French and English required.