Title: Benefits Services Specialist
City: Redwood City
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-9068659268
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Benefits Services Specialist to work on-site with our client, a world-class university in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
Education & Experience:
- Provide customer service responses by applying information, tools, processes and subject matter expertise to client inquiries/service requests via phone, computer-based chat, email or in-person.
- Provide information or work solutions via web-based tools that can direct clients to self-service.
- Monitor incoming work queues; select highest priority work; maintain volume of output to department standards.
- Monitor report on and complete all phases of case management support at an expert level with minimal supervision; ensuring issues are coordinated, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately (e.g. changes in disability status, hours and compensation).
- Diagnose problems of high complexity, with little guidance (e.g. LTD eligibility and benefit calculations). Provide answers, or solutions on issues that may impact the employee on leave, the plan administrator, or the HR business partners.
- Coordinate resolution of escalations and solutions that require extra processing or research with team lead. Collaborate with team lead, supervisor, other departments, or vendors to resolve issues.
- Act as technical expert in a customer support environment. Escalate issues and refer to specialized benefits expert as needed.
- Represent UHR to Stanford on benefit programs, policies, or initiatives at workshops, presentations, new employee orientations, or in one-on-one meetings with employees, retirees, faculty, and HR clients. Interact with HR professionals at all levels.
- Participate in projects requiring technical expertise and creativity in analysis.
- Manage small-to-medium administrative programs (e.g. Intent to Retire, system testing). Contribute to larger projects.
- Act as a resource and train peer specialists on how to perform core duties
- Provide input on process improvements, employee-facing communications and web pages.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or four years’ experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Local candidates only. Will not consider out of town candidates willing to relocate. Once relocated, they can be considered.
- Disability administration experience preferred
- Short and long term disability experience required
- Ability to interpret the various health or disability plans and associated documentation.
- Strong customer service experience and a proven ability to meet performance standards.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong organizational and case management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgement, tact and discretion.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex benefits concepts in an understandable and emphatic manner.
- Able to respond to complicated requests with authority, knowledge and judgement.
- Strong computer skills, such as MS Office). PeopleSoft experienced preferred.
- Familiarity with employee benefit programs and the relevant laws and regulations that govern them, including medical, dental, vision, life and short and long-term disability, COBRA, ERISA, cafeteria plans, flexible spending accounts, and retiree medical benefits.
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.