Outstanding Director opportunity for a Retail client that is #1 in the U.S. in their business model.
Our well-known public Retail client company with over $11B in sales and 6,000 stores is hiring a Benefits Director. This role will oversee the strategic planning, design, financial analysis, and execution for all Health and Welfare, Retirement, and Time Away from work programs. Directs and develops staff to communicate, implement and administer effective and efficient health and welfare, retirement/savings and time away from work programs.
• Design and direct the implementation of benefit programs that encourage attraction and retention of key people. Determine necessity of outside vendor/consultant needs and manage those relationships.
• Develop and direct the implementation of effective and efficient benefit delivery systems.
• Direct communication, implementation and administration of all benefit programs.
• Develop capabilities and competencies of the staff. Evaluate staff for effectiveness.
• Oversee departmental budget. Review Latest Estimates (LE) to ensure fiscal responsibility.
• Oversee financial forecasting and analysis of benefit programs. Review self-insured accruals, lag analysis and incurred but not reported claims and other pertinent health plan data.
This position has three direct reports.
Required: • Level of Formal Education: MBA or Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) with equivalent experience • Years of Experience: 5-7 experience managing large-scale benefits management programs Preferred: • Finance background