Outstanding Director opportunity for a Retail client that is #1 in the U.S. in their business model.
Reporting to the VP Benefits, Compensation, and HR Systems, you will manage a sizeable 17-person team that includes 3 Managers. As a champion for workplace excellence and putting people first, you will lead the strategic planning, design, financial analysis, and execution of all Health and Welfare, Retirement, and Time Away From Work programs for a benefit-eligible employee base of over 30K.
This is a unique and highly visible opportunity for a strategic thinker with a strong executive presence to drive all employee benefits programs that significantly impact employee attraction and retention for an industry-leading Fortune 200 company.
- Communicate, implement, and administer all benefit programs; design and direct the delivery of legally compliant benefits programs that enhance the ability to attract and retain top talent and support and foster employee engagement.
- Direct the development and execution of employee communication, engagement, and education strategies that build awareness, motivate, and create excitement for the comprehensive benefits programs.
- Determine the necessity of outside vendor/consultant needs and manage those relationships.
- Interpret data analytics and trends to recommend solutions.
- Establish and manage the department budget, reviewing Latest Estimates (LE) to ensure fiscal responsibility and ensuring the preparation of financial reports that detail benefit costs and trends.
- Oversee financial forecasting and analysis of benefit programs, reviewing self-insured accruals, lag analysis, incurred but not reported claims, and other pertinent health plan data.
- Stay current on HR law and regulations as they pertain to associate benefits programs and practices.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders, leveraging a consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise the team; influence them to take positive action and accountability, and evaluate them for effectiveness.
- Level of Formal Education: MBA or Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) with equivalent experience
- Years of Experience: 5-7 years experience managing large-scale benefits management programs.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media.
- Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels.
- Ability to operate in a face-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Advanced organizational and planning skills with the ability to set priorities meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- Full-time Medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN); State Medical Coverage (MedEnroll); CA Fully Insured Medical
- Dental, Vision & Prescription Drugs (CVS Health)
- 401(k) Plan Employee, Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Health Reimbursement Account (HRA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA)