Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Bench Team Leader
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To safely manage the activities of a shift production team to achieve production output to the required quality and cost.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all staff on shift
- Deliver production output in line with the production plan to expected levels of cost and quality
- Measure and report performance and quality, including highlighting areas of underperformance, training needs or non-conformance with associated RCCA’s.
- Manage the production team ensuring that performance levels and team objectives are delivered
- Develop and implement CI / Lean projects to increase utilisation and remove waste.
- Maintain a strong working relationship and reporting line with Production Team Leads.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To ensure a safe working environment is provided and enforce Company PPE and HAVs policies.
- As appropriate carry out risk assessments and address / report any HSE concerns to Production Manager
- Complete HSE audits of all cells and track outputs on respective cell boards.
- Ensure cell boards are updated with HSE training matrix and kept current at all times.
- To deliver shift output targets in line with production plan, monitoring Standard Hrs Cleared performance, SOT, FOT and DAWC and taking appropriate action for under performance.
- Ensure adequate cell board reporting for shift on progress against planned targets, highlighting RCCA for underperformance.
- To deliver 100% quality and ensure all NCR forms are completed fully and submitted during the shift timeframe, and ensure dimensional compliance of rework as directed.
- To manage the performance of a team to ensure they meet their role objectives.
- To increase utilisation of performance by assisting with cross training and mentor the team to improve and develop their skills in line with role requirements.
- Escalate staffing issues to management when required.
- Raise alerts if shift staffing is not available to hit targets.
- To support a culture of continuous improvement within the shift team, promoting CI projects to Production and Engineering Management for implementation
- Lead CI / Lean events within production environment (Kaizan, 5Y, 3C etc) with shift team members
- Support CI Engineers with analysis and implementation of improvements and feedback progress
- To ensure the production area meets the annual company 6S target.
- Work with shift teams to generate effective ideas to support 6S improvements.
- The job holder should posses the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- Basic level of education.
- Undergone a time served apprenticeship in engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of six years of aerospace or suitable engineering experience relating to Fettle and Manual drilling processes preferable.
- Man management experience.
- Use of MRP system to manage work.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft parts, specifications and standards.
- Leads by example, setting goals and targets.
- Manages time and prioritises.
- Trains, mentors & delegates.
- Listens and communicates.
- Evaluates employees and performance.
- Advises and disciplines.
- Assesses risks and makes decisions.
- Thinks clearly and analytically.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!