Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting new opportunity for a Bench Hand / Deburrer. The successful incumbent will be responsible for removing burs on metal parts that were created by machining operations. The Bench Hand / Deburrer will use pencil grinders and small files to remove Burrs. The successful incumbent will be trained to remove only the burr, so the operation is most delicate and only a minute amount of metal is removed from the edges of holes, slots and scallops.
Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Read and interpret the operation drawings
- Operate all deburring tools including air operated pencil grinders, narrow belt sanders and a variety of small rotating type grinding wheels and hand files.
- Use inspection equipment to measure specific dimensions that are required at this operation.
- Use appropriate hand grinding equipment and appropriate abrasive materials to remove machining marks, cusps, steps, chatter marks, sharp corners, burrs, etc.
- Use basic mechanical inspection equipment such as micrometers, dial calipers, and radius gages
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience using hand measuring tools such as micrometers and calipers
- Detail oriented
- Fine motor skills
- Ability to read and understand technical sketches
- Familiarity with the use of basic mechanical inspection equipment
- Familiarity with the use of hand grinding equipment
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.