Behavioral Health Therapist
We are working with a community in the Detroit area seeking a full-time permanent position behavioral health therapist. This is Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. position. Please note, on Thursdays, the hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Earn between $52-53K/year.
Benefits offered included:
- 15 paid holidays
- $0 monthly premiums for the employees dental and vision insurance.
- Both PPO and HMO plans are offered. $0 monthly deductible the employees HMO plan.
- 403b retirement plan and after 90 days, the company will contribute up to $10 per pay period.
- $15,000 life insurance policy at no cost.
- Paid trainings.
As a therapist at this facility, you will provide diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic mental health services to assigned caseload of hospitalized and satellite clinic patients to ensure coordination of services in accordance with established treatment plan
- Perform a variety of screening and assessment functions including, but not limited to: social history, personal and/or family resources and substance abuse
- Provide instruction and/or referral to patients in obtaining and utilizing medical, socio-economic, mental health and related resources
- Review charts of assigned patients to determine appropriate referral services, based on recommended treatment plan
- Provide individual, family and group counseling and education to patients within context of cultural beliefs and norms
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team meetings to foster collaboration and communication with all treatment plan members
- Update progress notes in patient chart of all contacts, within established time-frame
- Collaborate with patient, family members and other involved parties to assess barriers to attainment of goals and/or resources
- Initiate case finding procedures, by regularly reviewing inpatient records for diagnosis and recurrent admission or physician notes
- Provide consultation and information services to medical and nursing staff on program and/or patient matters related to community resource utilization, inter-agency relationships and social/emotional adjustment of patient and family
- Respond to emergency and/or crisis situations; perform intervention and actions as appropriate to optimize patient safety; refer difficult and/or high risk cases to Clinical Manager
- Receive referrals and initiate follow-up contact to determine needs, and explore appropriate resources
- Master’s degree in Social Work or closely related field;
- Current State of Michigan certification as a Licensed Medical Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Must have at least 2 years treating mental illness and substance abuse.
To learn more, please contact Sevana at firstname.lastname@example.org call 602-788-5890 ext 122