Behavioral Health Counselor
As a behavioral health counselor, you will provide group, family and individual counseling, crisis response and treatment for clients and their families. Support and consult with medical providers, social workers, counselors, and support staff. Develop treatment and aftercare programs for clients referred from courts, jail, social service agencies, medical facilities, and other professionals. Mentor mental health interns.
All candidates must be available to work evening hours once or twice a week, if available.
- Must be insurable through the organization’s vehicle insurance.
- Must pass a criminal and fingerprint background check .
- Must pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug screening.
- Must pass the Behavioral Health Counselling Credentialing process.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Services or related field from an accredited school required.
- At least 4,000 hours post licensure experience required.
- Ability to supervise CSW’s, ACMHC’s, or ALMFT’s required.
License & Certification:
- Must possess, maintain, and provide proof of a valid Driver’s License required.
- Must possess, maintain, and provide proof of a valid Utah LFMT, LCSW, LPC or CMHC License prior to that start date required.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide comprehensive intake interviews of patient’s mental condition and psychosocial history.
- Develop and maintain individualized treatment plans.
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the DSM-V.
- Provide direct billable services to children and adult clients.
- Within the scope of practice, provide mental health therapy to address exposure to trauma, grief and loss, substance abuse, anger management, dual diagnosis, physical, emotional, and sexual abuse, marital therapy, and all forms of mood disorders.
- Conduct assessments and provides counseling in therapist’s office, via telehealth, Centers.
- Conduct appropriate group, family, or individual sessions, completes clinical case notes in the Electronic Health Record system to support billing.
- Establish and maintain patient case files ensuring current quality standards as required by IHS, State and other contracts.
- May provide clinical supervision to Behavioral Health Counselor I, Behavioral Health Counselor Interns, and/or practicum students as assigned.
- Assist in creating/updating standardized forms and departmental policies.
- Establish intervention and treatment programs within the scope of practice and appropriate to the needs of patients with behavioral health problems such as suicide prevention, women’s groups, parenting groups, domestic violence prevention and treatment, and any other intervention programs.
To learn more, please contact Christopher at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890, ext 121.