Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Band Saw Operator. The successful incumbent will work in the Knock-out Department performing sawing of aluminum and magnesium sand castings according to job specifications using a band saw machine. The saw operator is responsible for setting up and operating the band saws to cut and trim sand castings. They verify dimensions of finished material using measuring devices. The pay rate for this position ranges from $16.00 to $19.00 an hour, depending on experience.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Perform sawing of aluminum and magnesium sand castings according to job specifications using a band saw machine.
- Set up and operate the band saws to cut and trim sand castings.
- Control and adjust band saw machine
- Verify dimensions of finished material using measuring devices.
- Monitor your own work to ensure overall efficiency.
- Properly secure work pieces against the stops on the machine bed to avoid cutting errors or flaws.
- High school Diploma
- 1-4 years of experience operating a band saw in a manufacturing environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to free lift up to 50 lbs. stand, walk, bend and stoop most of the day as well as engaging in repetitive hand and wrist movements 8-10 hours daily.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to work 1st or 2nd shift and overtime when required
- Must be able to work in a variety of different work environments both indoor and outdoor.
- Must have experience using large band saws
- Possess knowledge of production procedures
- Ability to read work instructions
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills that will aid in mentoring and teaching colleagues with less experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, as Magellan Aerospace, Glendale is an ITAR regulated facility.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law