Bakery Maintenance Supervisor
Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
We seek an experienced, motivated individual with a strong supervision background interested in joining an established bakery operation. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of supervisory experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
Responsible for production equipment maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct maintenance personnel so that individuals comply with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Communicate with all levels of management to address any current or future needs.
- Lead effective management, correct training, and professional development of maintenance technicians.
- Use leadership ability daily to create, lead, mentor, develop, and grow high-performance teams.
- Collaborate with multi-functional departments within operations/production, sanitation, and quality.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and direction to hourly maintenance employees on shift to maintain the plant manufacturing equipment, facility, and grounds.
- Lead emergency work with urgency, organization, and patience to correctly manage labor to solve issues, build corrective actions, and minimize downtime.
- Build and maintain critical priority lists, ensure all materials used for work orders are tracked with the parts clerk and balance multiple activities concurrently to completion.
- Build and maintain a team that thrives in a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical capability is the standard, not the exception.
- Be an adviser to the Plant Engineer on all issues related to the efficient operation of the department.
- Attend meetings, prepare reports, and process documents as may be required.
- Prepare and inspect PM worksheets for mechanics.
- Perform daily walk-throughs to inspect equipment for safety and proper running order.
- Communicate any/all issues with the Plant Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Associates/Technical Degree within an engineering field (preferred) with three (3) years of leadership experience OR five (5) years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting, three (3) of which are in a leadership role.
- Ability to work 10-12-hour shifts.
- Experience with automated machinery, PLC, control systems, and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with 480 volt 3 phase
- Must have own basic mechanic tools
- A bachelor’s degree in an Industrial Management, Engineering, or food science field, including four (4) years as a maintenance supervisor in a food manufacturing facility
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system, work orders, parts room, and PM program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or its equivalent; Maintenance experience and training required. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Able to stand up to 12 hours while working with and around machinery.
- Able to work in temperatures from 90 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity levels as high as 98%.
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch regularly to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas.
- Able to lift 60lbs once an hour and 10lbs to 50lbs repeatedly.
- Able to push and pull wheeled troughs of 100-500lbs frequently.
- Able to raise arms overhead frequently while lifting 30 lbs. Able to work a variety of shifts – day and night.
$75,000 – $85,000/year DOE
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Our client will consider employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Our client participates in the E-Verify program.
Our client is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Click here to apply online