Building Maintenance Mechanic responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; plumbing, etc.).
Candidates MUST HAVE some technical experience and aptitude to include mechanical, electrical, electronics, pneumatic, and preventative and/or predictive maintenance.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.)
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, etc.).
- Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigure, install, position, and remount modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) as needed
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporator coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Order parts and maintain required documents as needed
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in facility maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry is a plus
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English fluently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools as needed
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and follow directions as given
- Ability to lift minimum 50 pounds (trash and supplies)
- Ability to climb ladder, bend at the waist, sit, kneel, lay horizontally, climb, walk, etc., as job may require.
This is a Full-time, HOURLY PAID position working Monday through Friday - First Shift
Magid offers comprehensive benefits plans to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401K and profit sharing and more.
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disabled/veteran