BSA Clerk II
Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
This position is responsible for independently analyzing complex financial transactions which include confidential research and investigations, evaluating potentially unusual and/or questionable account activity, identifying suspicious customers, and escalating findings to the appropriate internal or external group based on the account activity. The investigator will utilize a variety of analytical techniques as well as monitoring and computer systems to aid in the decision-making process.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Performs further review of less complex alerts forwarded to the Further Investigation queues within the SAS monitoring system, identifies any potentially unusual customer or account activity, and files SARs when activity is deemed suspicious or closes the alert without filing if activity is deemed normal or expected for that type of customer/account
• Reviews and analyzes customer activity in accordance with regulatory requirements and contacts the branches or other business partners for additional information if necessary
• Completes RTCs and RTOs based on FIU procedures as well as customer and account activity
• May be required to work on a manual cases as assigned by management
• Brings information to the team regarding new AML trends, interesting cases, unusual news articles, and learnings from webinars/seminars that have been attended
What you will bring to this role:
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Computer savvy with MS office
- Admin experience from corporate background
NICE TO HAVE:
- Previous banking experience
- Strong writing skills
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.