Work with Analytics Team in an SAP BI environment to develop analytic solutions supporting business stakeholder needs. Be familiar with either the Pharma or Healthcare industries to create actionable BI output in the form of performance management dashboards, scorecards, reports, and ad-hoc reporting using various BI reporting and interactive visualization tools.
Have experience in advanced analytics leveraging SAP BI tools (e.g., predictive modeling) and be able to transform raw data into models and analytics to be consumed by the BI product solution. Advanced analytics experience should include latest tools and technologies as well as related programming languages.
Understand business functional requirements and reporting tool functionality; synthesize the requirements and business intelligence capabilities into functional specifications; prepare technical specifications; and develop and test the final solutions delivery. The solutions will contain ad-hoc query, drill-down, slice and dice capabilities, static reporting, managed queries, and dashboards.
Essential Functions and Duties
Work with BI Analyst to evolve high level requirements into consumable metrics and analytics.
Participate in evaluating and incorporating emerging standards, best practices, and new technologies.
Ensure the alignment of technical solutions with established IT standards and business objectives.
Address and resolve routine design issues using standard issue resolution methodologies.
Deliver effective verbal and written communications to technical and business stakeholders regarding the BI solution design.
Discuss technical concepts, issues and ideas with technology and business stakeholders by initiating collaborative discussions, public speaking forums, and presentations.
Measure and report progress against key deliverables and business objectives.
Champion continual quality improvement consistent with company’s core values.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field of study; or a combination of education and related professional experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing analytic solutions in an SAP environment
- Basic understanding of SAP Business processes (SD, FICO, WM or EWM)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of database and data structures
- Experience developing SAP HANA Calculation Views and ABAP CDS Views
- Experience collaborating with an offshore team
- Experience working on projects using Agile software development
- Exhibits strong SAP BI Developer Skills
- SAP HANA Calculation Views
- CDS Views
- BOBJ (Webi, IDT, CMC, Analysis for Office)
- Advanced SQL knowledge/skills
- Provide production support of deployed analytic solutions
- Experience with dimensional modeling for data warehouse/data marts
- Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to changes
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with end users, co-workers and management
- Strong Analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills
- Prepare periodic management review of projects to communicate project status, demonstrate application functionality, and ensure needs are being met
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a team
and display leadership skills when required
- Able to work on multiple projects or multiple complex tasks with competing priorities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills