Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) / Hab Tech
As a BHT, you will coach, teach, mentor and provide direct support to members who have developmental disabilities (ie: autism, cerebral palsy, intellectual disability or epilepsy) ranging from mild to profound. The majority of services are designed to meet personal needs of members intermediate care facilities and group home settings.
- Provide activities and programming that encourage development of new skills and maintaining present skills.
- Work with members to teach or assist them in activities of daily living skills (bathing, toileting, dressing, meal time/eating, attending day/work programs, etc.).
- Perform some housekeeping duties (ie: dusting, clothes washing, dishes, mopping, disinfecting therapy equipment and wheelchairs).
- Prepare, cook, set up and serve meals, as needed.
- Support mealtime techniques and service in accordance with specialized diets.
- Implement the member's individual support plan, including behavior support plan and therapeutic programs.
- Participate in team meetings and discussions to develop individual support plans for members.
- Provide basic health car (ie: medication administration).
- Encourage and involve members in recreational activities and at home and in the community.
- Ability to work Sunday through Wednesday, night shift.
- Be able to push/pull and lift/carry at least 50 lbs.
- Must have a CPI Card.
- Must have a valid driver license. In-state travel is required.
- Must have a valid Level One Fingerprint clearance card.
Please call Desirae at 602-788-5890 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and apply.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!