Position: BA (Securities Operations) - JP5157
Duration: 1 year with potential extension
Location: Remote for now and later Downtown Toronto
- Research, recommend and implement workflow efficiencies to continually improve service quality and efficiency of operational business processes. Also provide subject matter expertise to team members, Conduct interviews with business and technical experts to identify and communicate issues.
- Gather comprehensive information to be used in problem identification and resolution. Work with management to identify workflow or technology issues and develop creative solutions. Assist with development of user test plans and testing to validate system enhancements.
- Develop new procedure documentation in support of new process, products or system enhancements.
- Assist in discussing proposed system enhancements and modifications with IS staff and Operations.
- Provide post implementation support for all approved deliverables.
- Conduct train the trainer sessions.
- Good understanding of department processes with strong technical product or processing system knowledge
- Convey information clearly and effectively through both verbal and written communication
- Good organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change.
- Good problem solving skills and analytical ability.
- Work well in independent or team basis as situation dictates
- Effective presentation skills Subject matter expert
- Handles defined project or analytical tasks.
- Support the Manager and the Director with investment and trade processing of worldwide investment transactions into the investment book of records, ensuring data integrity on data elements and generation of proper forecasts and accounting. This includes monitoring and review of daily tasks for all transactions processed by the team involving equities, fixed income, money market, private debt/equities and asset transfers for assets managed from all investment offices.
- Work closely with the General Account Initiatives and Support team on various projects including participating in the GO project to assist with user acceptance testing, current state analysis and parallel testing.
- Work closely with the General Account Operations Support Team and other teams on implementation of new initiatives that affect Securities Operations. This includes but not limited to process documentation, training, execution, and working with internal/external clients impacted by the changes.
- Participate on process design and implementation of new policies to ensure data is managed and distributed in a controlled fashion and in a timely manner.
- Work together with the Director/Manager on process improvement strategies , ensuring alignment to enterprise guidelines, standards and policies and documentation of risks and issues.
- Develop, document and maintain business procedures to ensure compliance with internal/external audit, SOX and BUCP recommendations and requirements.
- Work with business stakeholders to introduce operational automation, controls and efficiencies
- Additional duties, as assigned
- College/University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in the investment industry, preferably within Securities Operations
- Completion or enrolment in the Canadian Securities Course an asset
- Working experience with Simcorp Investment Book of record an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Securities instruments / settlements, foreign exchange and derivative instruments/settlements and the banking process.
- A fast learner with good analytical and problem solving ability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Well organized and able to meet tight deadlines with accuracy and details and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and strategies.
- Ability to build strong working relationships both within and across departments.
- Work collaboratively with clients in a sophisticated and demanding business
- Knowledge of custodian systems, Maximis and Bloomberg is a definite asset