My client has an exciting opportunity for a Control Technician in the Columbus area. This is with an industry leader in packaging with a proven record of success. Please message me for more details email@example.com
The Automation/Control Technician is responsible for maintaining continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing or modifying system, components on automated process equipment on the production floor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform machine changeovers from part-to-part/job-to-job.
- Clear machine jams as needed.
- Clean machine as needed/perform preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot machine related mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic issues, making adjustments where necessary.
- Able to adjust and fabricate items needed to adapt bowl feeding systems, tracks, fixtures, and tooling to make a good product at designated rates. Providing feedback or receive guidance from the Maintenance Manager or Manufacturing Engineer as needed.
- Able to diagnose and repair electrical issues including sensors, relays, servo systems, motor controls, and PLC’s
- Able to adjust robot positions, coordinate types, jog, and troubleshoot errors.
- Document all changes made to machines, fixtures or tooling made through installation, debug or normal operation as required by Manufacturing Engineering.
- Maintain inventory for spare parts.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance actions on all machine systems and machine subsystems as needed.
- Document equipment history through appropriate systems with training.
- Communicate with the production shift personnel, Maintenance Manager on the current shift and off shifts. Communication to include, but not be limited to the shift status on issues and performance for all machines.
- Immediately report any unsafe or unhealthy working condition to your supervisor/leadership
Key Working Relationships:
Leadership, Warehouse, Human Resources, Planning and Scheduling, Quality Assurance, and Engineering
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Capable of standing for long periods of time.
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years of hands on production experience with fully automated production systems, high speed automation.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge of 120VAC control circuits, 24 VDC control circuit, Industrial Power 3 Phase 480V and industry accepted electrical safety practices for testing energized circuits.
Knowledge of ABB/SWE and Mitsubishi drive technology a plus.
- Strong knowledge of PLCs and VFD controlled machinery. (B&R and Allen Bradley)
- Proficient in maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical components.
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings.
- Mechanical setup experience of tight tolerance tooling.
- Proper use of power tools and measuring equipment- must have and maintain all hand and test tools required to maintain automated equipment.
- Computer proficient- Microsoft Windows based computer operation.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice or on weekends.
1st Shift: M-F, 6:00 am – 2:00 pm, 2nd Shift: M-F 2:00pm – 10:00pm; 3rd Shift: Sun-Th 10:00pm – 6:00am overtime and weekends as needed