Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S.
In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation’s largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for Automation Technician to join our client's growing team.Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at email@example.com
Basic responsibilities of the Automation Technician include:
- Designing, programming, installing and troubleshooting electrical control systems for new and existing production equipment.
- Supporting continuous improvement efforts through programming and physical modifications to increase reliability and productivity
- Troubleshooting control systems
- Programming PLC’s
- Developing electrical controls and operating procedures
Qualifications for the position include:
- Process, Electrical, Automation Engineering Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to understand complex control systems
- 2+ years industrial electrical maintenance experience
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of communication protocols like, Profinet, Profibus, Ethernet IP, and Modbus
- 1-2 years of PLC experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Keywords: BSEE, Electrical Engineer, Automation Engineer, Controls Engineer, Process Engineer, automation, Level 1, programming, control systems, PLC, HMI, SCADA, plc programming, hydraulics, pneumatics, AC/CD, drives, motors, steel, metals, manufacturing