The Automation Systems Engineer reports to the Manager of Systems Engineering in the Corporate Office and is part of the company's internal engineering consulting team..
The Corporate Technical Center develops and manages CAPEX projects for the Company's cement production and terminal facilities in North America. The Automation Systems Engineer supports the cement plants in systems and automation elements of projects.
The Automation Systems Engineer is responsible to/for:
- Manage complex projects up to $2M for system, electrical or multidiscipline project team efforts. Oversee project timelines and budget.
- Prepare feasibility studies including cost estimates mainly for control and automation portions of the project. Participate in determining the overall project plan, preparation of capital budgets, preliminary engineering, tracking costs and development of final cost reports, preparing time schedules, and developing standards and specifications for the project. Develop and implement project Scopes of Work, Divisions of Responsibility and Execution Work Plans.
- Overall project management of assigned projects including detailed design engineering; procurement of equipment; bid package preparation; reviewing bids for engineering and/or construction, contractor selection and management; providing construction support; coordinating start up commissioning; and providing training to plant personnel.
- Provide technical electrical knowledge to include development of P&ID and instrumentation loop diagrams utilizing ISA symbols; Design of systems requiring control, instrumentation, PLC/DCS, HMI and network communications.
- Control system design, system integration, I/O layouts, etc.; root cause analysis investigation of control system problems; quality, environmental, and process related software and hardware systems.
- Responsible for the adherence of the company’s “Security Guideline for Process Control Systems”.
- Provide assistance to ensure compliance for Network Security by: conducting Process Control Network (PCN) Audits; implementing anti-virus, whitelisting and operating system update standards to all PCN systems; identifying and recommending architecture changes to comply with company standards; coordinating 3rd party access to interface with PCN; coordinating software licensing updates for applications found on the PCN.
- Oversee the archiving of drawings and documents into the Company systems throughout the project.
- Ensures all work is performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all regulations and company standards.
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering/technology or related field
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in the field of electrical engineering & project management; preferably in the cement or other heavy industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with PLC, HMI and SCADA architecture and programming
- Knowledge of industrial control networks, industrial network security concepts and practices, and virtualization
- Experience with industrial control system software and hardware. Experience with Siemens PCS7/WinCC CEMAT software and Siemens S7-400 PLC and remote I/O hardware is preferred.
- Familiarity with factory acceptance tests
- Familiarity with digitalization, artificial intelligence, data historians, and expert systems
- Familiarity with power metering, instrumentation, gas analyzers, control devices, motor control centers, switchgear and control panel design and engineering.
- Proficient with MS Office (including MS Visio) and AutoCAD
- Good understanding of contractual matters
- Knowledge of the cement manufacturing process and MSHA regulations preferred
- Self-motivated and willingness to work in a team environment
THIS POSITION REQUIRES TRAVEL TO OPERATIONS IN US AND CANADA - APPROXIMATELY 50% TRAVEL.PLEASE APPLY OR CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com