A major American steel manufacturer has an opening for an Automation Manager who will be responsible for the automation systems at one of their mills in the Great Lakes area.
- Manage projects, coordinate vendors, technology and personnel appropriately to ensure completion of projects in a reliable and timely manner
- Will be responsible for understanding the implications of any technical implementation with regards to safety, quality, productivity, and any environmental impact
- Identify technical needs and opportunity using own initiative; constantly researching technology and potential implications.
- Responsible for the documentation of automation tasks and operations
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronic, computer or software engineering
- Five (5) years hands-on experience in leading or managing teams in industrial manufacturing automation in both Level 1 and Level 2
- Experience in a team environment supporting operations and maintenance groups
- Strong experience in Level 1 PLC programming, including Statement List, Block Diagrams and Ladder Logic; experience in Siemens S7 series PLCs
- Experience with rolling mill theory and practice in a metals environment preferred
- Can readily read and understand technical drawings and manuals for both electrical and mechanical devices used in an industrial environment
- Strong statistical and analytical skills