endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Responsible for the overall design of the control systems to operate Die Cast, CNC and Assembly machinery. Duties include specifying the components and equipment needed to complete the system, programming, and interfacing of the equipment, assist/troubleshoot all processes and startup/debug of the control system and overall machine operation. The position also requires implementation of time, travel, and cost reduction measures as well as documentation of the operating process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project and time management.
- Recommending, Designing, Simulating, programming, and operational testing of electrical or mechanical automation. Design and program machine control systems using PLC/HMI solutions.
- Size and select equipment including variable frequency drives, servos, power supplies, sensors, switches, motors, safety, components, and other control devices for machines.
- Assist plants in the repair and troubleshooting of automation system controls, including but not limited to: Motors, hydraulics, Drives, PLC, User interfaces and Robotic Systems.
- Developing and maintaining clear and accurate documentation for automated equipment, process, and validations as pertains to ISO regulations.
- Maintain and monitor manufacturing automation and quality of output as on an ongoing basis to align with lean manufacturing standards and practice.
- Assist plants in preventative and reactive maintenance on manufacturing automation.
- Assist plants in in-house equipment calibrations.
- Assist plants in wiring and wiring repair for equipment and facility as needed, working with AC and DC Voltage.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA requirements when performing machine maintenance.
- Travel for training and testing on new equipment.
- Provide continuing system technical support over the phone or on-site.
- Coordinate with customers, vendors, and colleagues to solve automation challenges.
This position requires excellent understanding of electricity, motor control electrical circuits, and analog and digital input/output. Experience designing and troubleshooting motor control circuits utilizing electromagnetic devices and variable frequency drives (VFD's) is essential. Must have a working knowledge of a wide variety of software packages, operating systems, and control equipment. Specifically, a knowledge of PLC programing software is required. A qualified candidate must be proficient in reading electrical schematics and vendor application drawings. Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, and Word. Verbal and written communication plays a key role in this position. Minimum education requirement is a BS in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of experience as an Electrical or Automation engineer working with motion and motor control products.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.