please email resumes to email@example.com
Primary Purpose The Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing line changes to improve efficiency, accuracy, reduce operating expenses and increase capacity. Work with automation teams to implement processes to improve maintenance and overall uptime of equipment. Engineers will be critical to support future designs to meet anticipated growth.
- Experience using a data-driven approach to analyze problems and deliver robust, optimized solutions
- Provide technical and automation consulting services to all internal business units
- Develop automated tools to specifications
- Works with multiple areas within company to ensure understanding of assigned task.
- Drives the development / implementation of automation projects.
- Thoroughly tests developed projects.
- Establishes standards of Scripts and Ladder Logic developed so others can update / utilize.
- Supports development of technical standards.
- Prepares specifications of a highly technical or complex nature.
- Analyzes user specifications and requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements.
- Works to participate and learn best practices and procedures.
- Adheres to best practices for software design, retention, documentation, and deployment strategies.
- Works directly with service operations to resolve, prevent, and eliminate technology issues.
- Establishes and maintains solid business relationships.
- Has the ability resolve simple to complex production support issues.
Job Dimensions Responsible for developing, creating, testing, and implementing PLC program and HMI builds to meet specifications while minimizing production problems and costs. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities. Knowledge and troubleshooting of process control computer hardware and software including equipment such as: PLC’s, personal computers, network and communications equipment, and computer software. Must be willing to continue learning automation concepts to continuously improve skill set.