We are looking for an Automation Engineer to lead the efforts for the design, build, install, debug, and end-stage applications testing of mechanical automation systems. This position requires an individual with a high-energy, positive attitude who possess the capability and desire to be continuously engaged with the team to drive projects to completion.
· Design automation systems using SOLIDWORKS
· Detail drawings of designed components
· Mechanical and electrical assembly and installation of Robot and automation system components into machine tools or as standalone cells for various applications
· Evaluate and resolve any issues with the form, fit, function, and communication elements of automation cells
· Program Fanuc Robots on an applications basis
· Use Fanuc RoboGuide software for automation feasibility studies
· Maintain machines and work area in a neat and professional manner
· Interface with ERP system to log labor hours, manage projects, place purchase requisitions
· Identify and purchase commercial items
· Write technical procedures/ manuals for automation systems
· Prepare system for test production and demonstration for the customer
· Provide automation training at the customer upon installation and phone support long term
· Travel to customer sites for support and turnkey runoffs. Overnight stays are required in some instances.
· Strong collaboration with application engineering and production to drive people, equipment, materials and facilities to exceed customer expectations while meeting internal financial and operational metrics.
· All other duties as required
· Strong mechanical & electrical aptitude
· Troubleshooting and decision making skills
· Ability to generate and interpret CAD models and drawings
· Ability to adjust to changing work priorities
· Computer skills including Solid Works, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Effective communication – both written and verbal
· Analytical skills
· Sense of urgency – setting and adhering to deadlines
· Personnel management
BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Electromechanical Engineering, or related technical degree.