Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at email@example.com
Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S.
In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation’s largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Level 1 Automation Engineer to join our client's growing team.
Basic responsibilities of the Automation Engineer include:
- Designing, programming, installing and troubleshooting electrical control systems for new and existing production equipment.
- Supporting continuous improvement efforts through programming and physical modifications to increase reliability and productivity
- Troubleshooting control systems
- Programming PLC’s
- Developing electrical controls and operating procedures
Qualifications for the position include:
- 2+ years electrical maintenance experience
- 2+ years PLC Programming experience (Siemens S7)
- HMI/SCADA systems
- AC/DC drives and motors
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Advanced automation development
- Knowledge of steel making processes
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Siemens TIA Portal experience
- PDA analysis
Keywords: BSEE, Electrical Engineer, Automation Engineer, Controls Engineer, Process Engineer, automation, Level 1, programming, control systems, PLC, HMI, SCADA, plc programming, hydraulics, pneumatics, AC/CD, drives, motors, steel, metals, manufacturing