endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Large International Manufacturing Company located in San Marcos California is looking for a Sr Plant Engineer / Maintenance Manager that can help evaluates and improve manufacturing methods and processes specifically in the use of automation systems and Program Logic Circuits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods specifically in the areas of automation, statistical process controls and program logic circuits (PLC).
- Confers with planning, and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Also assists with the development of the product design and functionality.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, and other considerations to facilitate/automate production processes.
- Applies statistical process control methods to monitor critical manufacturing specifications. Will act as the lead for designing and implementing these systems.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- 7+ years Plant Engineering experience working in a Manufacturing Environment
- Able to access, trouble shoot and install PLC programs for various controllers for safety features, timing features and actions for robot welders and other automated systems.
- 3+ years’ experience of working on PLC programs.
- Expected to be able access an Allen Bradley PLC program and explain functions during the interview (other PLC Robot experience will be considered)
- Knowledgeable in automating systems to perform mechanical functions using magnetic, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic system/components.
- Knowledgeable in welding theory and how to program robot welder weld and weave programs. Able to perform basic welds with a MIG welder, welds will be evaluated by the Quality Department.
- Able to operate basic shop equipment including lathe, CNC mill, precision drills, etc…