We are recruiting for a Corporate Automation Engineer to support production operations in multi site locations. Our client is an injection molder, thermoformer, assembly, metal forming manufacturer into automotive, industrial, food and bev and other industries. This role is responsible for applying a working knowledge of automation systems, equipment and controls to improve production efficiencies, safety, product quality. The successful candidate will work closely with production, maintenance, quality and engineering teams help drive productivity, and costs optimization. Position will initially be an individual contributor role until project execution justifies the building of the automation team which this person will manage.
- Must be able to identify automation opportunities, research and validate options and then deploy automation projects
- Specifying, programming, commissioning and day to day execution of new automated equipment including multi-axis robots and automation cells.
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and major contractor projects.
- Identifying, creating, and optimizing automation solutions through robotics, PLCs, HMIs, motion control, VFDs, data historians, and other automation components
- Develop procedures and maintain proper documentation related to robotics systems.
- Developing novel applications for robotics and automation systems
- Performing on-site data collection, testing, analysis, and compiling reports
- Lead and be the point of contact for various robotics projects.
- Conduct full scope of robotics project services
- Deliver successful projects with regards to customer satisfaction, schedule, time, and budget
- Work with management to prioritize projects on macro level; ability to prioritize individual tasks, metrics and execution on a micro level.
- Review designs (peer review) as part of the design approval process
- Support maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Excellent automation, robotic high level and back ground skills on Fanuc, KUKA, ABB or equivalent brands.
- Hands on experience commissioning and programming industrial robots
- Robotic mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills.
- Virtual commissioning experience of a robotics system is a plus.
- Background in Robotics systems including industrial robots, navigation and path planning.
- Proficient in programming (C++, C#, etc.) in a production environment
- Must be eligible to work in the USA long term without sponsorship.
- Experience developing and evaluating algorithms
- Knowledge of 3D graphics and geometry
- Ability to document requirements and specifications as well as ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge in networking, AC/DC motors, encoders, sensor inputs, and ROS/ROS tools
- Exposure to Motor Control Algorithms
- Knowledge of Computer Vision systems including, but not limited to, OpenCV, 3D Point-Clouds, LIDAR systems, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Knowledge on programming languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, HTML, ROS
- PLC programming knowledge is a plus.