The Automation Coordinator performs the maintenance and programming of the central control systems and associated equipment, provides technical assistance to the Electrical / Instrumentation Technicians, and provides detail engineering and field supervision for associated capital projects.
The Automation Coordinator reports to the Optimization Manager who reports to the Plant Manager.
Nature and Scope
- Drives safety initiatives, including participating in team-based safety teams and educating personnel in safe operating practices.
- Responsible for software and hardware of the Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Responsible for the Human Machine Interface (HMI) working closely with Production perfecting trends, reporting, control, alarms, and displays.
- Responsible for the plant networks, ensuring proper utilization and reliability.
- Responsible for the plant WEB server.
- Responsible for plant computers and other components of the business network
- Participates in the improvement of the Plant’s technical capabilities through optimizing automation including high level control systems.
- Maintain plant PLC systems
- Maintain plant control computers
- Maintain plant supervisor controls
- Maintain plant network systems including company computers
- Promote new upgrades and feature to assist plant performance
- Develop / Maintain plant reports
- Work closely with the Electrical/Instrument Supervisor maintaining plant optimization
- Establish and maintain inventory levels of spare parts
- Create and maintain a working relationship with internal customers
- Design, monitor and actively act upon preventative maintenance programs
- Ensure conformance with Automation, IT, and corporation guidelines
- Minimum of an associate degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in process systems in the cement manufacturing or related field.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team to ensure continuous improvement in their functional area as well as the overall plant operations.
- Must be able to meet on-call responsibilities in a 24/7 operation.