Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S.
In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation’s largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Automation/Controls Engineer to join our client's growing team.
Basic responsibilities of the Automation/Controls Engineer include:
- Designing, programming, building and commissioning control systems for new and existing production equipment
- Supporting continuous improvement efforts through programming and physical modifications to increase reliability and productivity
- Project management
- Meet budgetary objectives
- Troubleshooting control systems
- Programming PLC’s
- Developing electrical controls and operating procedures
Candidates must have experience with the following:
- BS degree (preferably in Automation/Controls Engineering) or Associates degree with 3 years' experience in Automation and Controls
- Design, Develop and supervise al aspects of the electrical control systems and machinery
- Programming, installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software. (Allen Bradley and Siemens experience is preferred)
- Knowledge of engineering computer software programs and Electrical drafting
- Experience with process improvement
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills