Automation / Controls Engineer
The position will administer Cement Company policies and procedures to establish and promote safe and healthy working conditions while ensuring compliance with all MSHA regulations and Cement Company Safety Program requirements. Ensure that all plant electrical, instrumentation, computer and communication equipment operate properly and reliably. Assist maintenance personnel in diagnosing operational upsets and implementing corrective measures.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively develop, implement and participate in all safety programs, rules and procedures. Maintain proactive working habits with all plant personnel to continuously improve overall safety.
- Administer preventative maintenance plan for reliable operation of plant process servers, and overall process network.
- Ensure that all HMI and PLC programs are kept current and backed up on a regular basis.
- Assist corporate IT personnel in maintaining reliable operation of the plant office computer servers.
- Assist in achieving company production goals in waste and delay.
- Train existing employees to maintain competent skill level in the maintenance department.
- Incorporate new equipment and/or processes into the existing process network when necessary. This can include developing new PLC programming and interfacing associated HMI screens.
- Maintain proactive working habits to improve overall reliability of equipment.
- Take an active role in communications between departments, especially explaining new equipment additions, controls, or programming changes to production personnel.
- Troubleshoot plant upset conditions and assist in resolving equipment malfunctions.
- Participate in development and implementation of all established company policies. Act as a role model in compliance and enforcement for all personnel.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering preferred; chemical, electrical or mechanical.
- Minimum of four years of plant engineering or maintenance experience in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team building skills and ability to train others.
- Strong information gathering, investigative, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to plan and conduct meetings and training sessions.
- Must be proficient in PLC and HMI programming,
- Knowledge of software upgrades and license renewals.
- Must be able to work in an environment with minimal supervision
Cement & Lime