Sun City, Arizona
Temp-to-perm position earning $27 - 30/hour, depending on experience.
- State of the art equipment with regular software updates.
- Paid training with opportunities for growth.
- Tuition reimbursement for automotive education and ASE Certifications.
- Clean well-equipped shops with consistent car count.
- Exceptional benefits within 30 days of hire. This includes employer contribution to medical/dental/vision premiums.
- 401K matching dollar for dollar up to 6% annually.
- 15 paid days off (20 after 1 year) plus paid holidays, some Saturdays, and no Sundays.
- Performs work that is indicated on Approved Repair Orders.
- Performs only needed and or customer requested services on vehicles.
- Performs all repairs according to MAP (Motorist Assurance Program), OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) or accepted industry standard procedures.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; cleans spills and debris immediately to reduce hazards.
- Maintain equipment and machinery.
- Follows industry safety rules and regulations.
- Reports all unsafe conditions to supervisor including but not limited to lifts, overhead doors, and equipment.
- Attends all required training, seeks additional training to maintain and increase effectiveness.
- Keeps up to date on industry trends and repair procedures.
- Maintains customer vehicles in regard to cleanliness and does not tune or otherwise adjust any controls within the vehicle.
- Verifies as soon as practicable that parts ordered for the vehicle assigned to them are correct.
- Performs digital inspection and documents to their full potential. Notates all pertinent information into the shop inspection or management system, attaches all photos or videos to illustrate repairs or needs to the inspection.
- Assures all comeback related repairs are prioritized as directed by manager or lead.
- Communicates effectively as necessary with manager, service advisors and other technicians to contribute to the overall performance of the location.
- Responsible for the safety and accuracy of all repairs made and or systems inspected to assure vehicle is as safe or more safe condition as was prior to work commencing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Note: May require travel to different locations on an as needed basis.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in the language(s) required for the role, as justified for business necessity
- Effective organization, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work scheduled hours as necessitated by business need.
- Math and computer skills with experience using software applications including word processing, browsers, and email.
- Ability to drive vehicles equipped with manual transmission.
- Knowledge of equipment/tool operation and diagnostic/repair procedures
- Maintains 100% productivity as measured by dividing hours worked by labor hours flagged.
Education & Experience/ Licenses & Certifications
- High School diploma or equivalent certification (GED).
- Valid driver license and acceptable driving record.
- At least three years’ experience as an automobile technician.
- ASE Master Tech with L1 certification level or equivalent OEM certifications and fulfills ASE requirement within one year of hire.
To learn more, please contact Kristin at Kristin@apnusa.com or call 602-788-5890.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!