Our client has an immediate need for an Audit Senior Associate in their metro Atlanta office.
Audit Senior Associate
- Understand the purpose of accounting and general ledger recordation procedures.
- Perform accounting procedures and/or tax applications in accordance with firm standards and in an accurate, thorough and timely manner, including proposing journal entries to clients general ledgers.
- Understand clients’ accounting systems.
- Stay current on accounting and tax theory. Apply this knowledge to engagements.
- Understand and apply concepts of materiality and audit risk.
- Prepare work papers that are informative, indexed, cross-referenced and can easily be understood and explained.
- Formulate audit approach and tailor appropriate audit programs.
- Project/Task Management
- Accept responsibility for, and complete tasks assigned by management in a timely fashion.
- Make effective use of firm resources to complete a project and communicate and coordinate with firm schedules.
- Manage multiple client projects at any given time.
- Alert managers and partners responsible for engagements in a timely fashion of any issues, constraints, challenges, and/or scheduling conflicts that may arise in completing the assigned task(s).
- Serve as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable.
- Develop a detailed engagement work plan, illustrating budgets and schedules. Monitor project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to managers and/or partners.
- Manage audits (to include resource allocation and budgeting, billing, and collection), schedule staff, deliver work product(s) on time and within scope, and communicate engagement status to management.
- Develop a professional relationship with the client. Gain the respect and confidence of the client by consistently demonstrating supreme customer service, quality work products, and professional integrity.
- Serve as the prime point-of-contact to the client. Ensure that the client is fully informed of engagement progress, logistics, and delivery dates.
- Gain the respect and confidence of the team through effective client management, timely and accurate communication, and clear and concise team direction.
- Assist with preparing timely and accurate bills for professional services rendered.
- Prepare, organize and maintain engagement work papers and files.
- Communicate periodically with client following the completion of the engagement to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Masters preferred. 150 semester hours of education and a CPA or eligibility to sit is required.
- 3-5 years progressive public accounting experience with in-charge auditing and commercial real estate familiarity preferred
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects
- Exceptional communication and client service skills
- Demonstrated writing skills a must; proposal development experience desired
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Experience with accounting software Caseware is a plus
- Proven technical skills with MS Office to include Excel, Word, Outlook
Click here to apply online