Our client, one of the top CPA firms in metro Atlanta, has an immediate need for an experienced Audit Senior. Here are the position details:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Execute assigned client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, budgeting, directing, and completing assigned tasks of the integrated and financial statement audit, and managing the engagement to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor assigned audit associates and interns on audit processes and assess the performance of the audit staff for engagement reviews.
- Work with members of the audit team to identify and resolve any client issues discovered during audit process.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Research and analyze accounting issues and transactions and any audit-related or tax-related issues utilizing electronic databases.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Maintain good working relationships with client personnel to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
- Actively participate in audit planning meetings, closing meetings, and committee meetings as a key member of the audit team.
- Assist audit partners and senior management on client proposals and business development calls.
- Participate in on-going audit staff recruiting efforts as needed. Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in a business related field is required. 150 semester hours of education is also required.
- 2-6 years of progressive external audit experience in a public accounting firm or a professional services firm is required.
- CPA license or parts of the CPA exam passed is preferred. A desire to obtain the CPA license is required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise other audit staff while managing multiple client engagements and competing priorities in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional client service skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills, including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training and mentoring skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software packages.
The firm offers excellent compensation and benefits. If you would like to be considered please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online