Our client is an energy infrastructure business that has experienced tremendous growth. Located out of their Calgary office, the individual in the Audit Analyst role will part of an integrated team with duties and responsibilities with respect to Compliance (CSOX), Internal Audit and IT Controls assessments. You will be provided opportunities for growth and to work in a dynamic work environment.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Conduct or assist in the planning and completion of Compliance, and Internal / IT Audit activities.
- Discussion and documentation of business processes, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Develop and execute audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Obtain and review evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented.
- Ensure adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- One or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CA, CPA, CIA, CISA)
- A minimum of four years audit experience at a Canadian or US public accounting firm is required.
- Prior experience in midstream, NGL extraction, crude oil optimization, petrochemicals, or energy trading experience will be an asset.
- Prior experience with SAP/Oracle procure-to-pay processes, IT General Control evaluation, or Vendor Audit will be a significant asset.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change.
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome.
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with excellent or developing negotiation skills
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Esmond Desilva and Kyle Baltimore
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!