Lead the physical installation of audiovisual communications systems on all assigned projects. Work alongside the project team to ensure safety and quality objectives are met by adhering to industry standards and best practices.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follows instructions and guidance given by Project Superintendent and/or Project Engineer in a timely and efficient manner.
- Leads day-to-day job site activities.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of project SOW, drawings, specifications and addendums.
- Assures team is following CEC safety policies & procedures, industry standard requirements and common best practices to produce top quality workmanship.
- Communicates customer or project needs in a timely and professional manner to overcome challenges or obstacles encountered.
- Reports daily project work completed as well as labor and materials employed to the Project Superintendent.
- Establishes and maintains effective and harmonious working relationships with on-site project team and contractors while promoting positive morale.
- Stays current on best practices and industry specifications as it relates to the installation of technology systems assigned.
- Provides onsite training and mentoring of less experienced team members.
- Serves as backup to the Project Superintendent when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Project Foreman leads installation team while they are working on assigned projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of SOW, contracts, drawings, specifications and addenda.
- Two-year degree from an accredited school, or two years of relevant experience in project management or leadership.
- One year of direct supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Experience working in a corporation involved in multiple work functions or industries.
- Experience with managerial roles within the communications industry.
- Experience with CEC product partner equipment and systems, including, but not limited to: AMX, Biamp, Bose, Crestron, Extron, Harman, JBL, Polycom, Rauland, etc.
- Current certification in project management: PMP, CAPM, MPM, IAPM.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required, up to 50lbs.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.