The Royster Group, Inc. is a leader in providing executive search and professional staffing services in the private and public sectors, and healthcare industry. Royster’s goal is to help organizations fill their human capital pipeline with highly qualified leaders and healthcare providers at all levels of the organization. Our core values of Customer Service, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, and Respect drives all aspect of the business.
Royster is seeking an Audiology Technician to provide healthcare support to our active duty soldiers and their families at Tinker Air Force Base, OK.
- Possess formal Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC). Approved training for DoD personnel (military and civilian) certification.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience as an Audiology or Hearing conservation technician within the last five (5) years.
Specific Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Perform daily equipment calibration, audiometric testing and saves data via software.
- Performs medical record review to search for previous audiometric tests, results and referrals related to hearing.
- Prior to testing, reviews medical records to identify previous hearing tests.
- Interprets audiometric results to explain ramifications to patient and/or related healthcare providers.
- Interprets test results as normal or indicative of hearing loss.
- Performs tests of middle ear functions and tests of outer hair cells in the inner ear to assist in localization of site of pathology.
- Identifies possible cases of exaggerated hearing loss and schedules additional testing to confirm or rule out hearing loss.
- Routinely uses DOEHRS-HC and/or AudBase to store, compare, retrieve and compile test data.
- Calibrates audiometric equipment on a daily basis, saves and reports results monthly.
- Educates employees regarding hazardous noise and use of ear protection, as well as performs fittings to determine proper size of earplug and attenuation factor (noise reduction rating) needed during job related exposure.
- Provides counseling to employees about the results of his/her tests and its implications on communication function.
- Compares current results to previous tests for determination of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Air Force Occupational Safety and Health (AFOSH) Standard Threshold Shift (STS).
- Explains hazardous levels of exposure in the workplace and reasons that ear protection is effective against hearing damage.
- Utilizes military data systems including, but are not limited to: The Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and the newest version, AHLTA, ICD-B programs, Population Health Operational Tracking and Optimization System, Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) and Defense Occupational Health Environmental Readiness System (DOEHRS). Orient new office personnel about hearing conservation processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Tinker AFB -is a well-known military installation located in the "Heart of Oklahoma", just five miles from downtown Oklahoma City (OKC). It's one of the largest and most important military installations in the United States.Click here to apply online