Support the AV Suite in meeting or exceeding goals and objectives that align with the company’s overall strategic direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide a high level of technical services for CEC’s’ customers. This includes but is not limited to CEC’s Added Value Program customers, assigned key customers, or any of CEC’s existing customer base.
- Will work directly with the Project Manager to manage all project liabilities to assure the project is delivered on time, per budget, and meets requirements and specs;
- Provide on-site project management and technical expertise for high profile, highly technical, projects for CEC’s select customer base;
- The AV Tech III is an approved inspector for all work performed at their client’s facilities;
- The AV Tech III will be involved in all cutovers or high-profile projects for their customers and/or territory;
- Attend transitional meeting between sales/engineering/operations, to review project information and to answer project questions, as part of the operational acceptance of project as determined;
- Pre-installation meeting/walk-through with assigned project lead/assigned staff, review project details and plans (organized by CEC project Manager);
- Once the project is won and turned over to the PM for scheduling, the AV Technical Specialist attends the pre-job review with the customer as well as the pre-job meeting and subsequent walkthrough with the CEC team in accordance with CEC’s project kick off standards;
- Provide on-site direction for project staff and may assist in the field on projects;
- Conduct quality inspections, load control and DSP code, conduct minor code alterations if necessary, test systems & create project punch lists;
- AV Tech III always has a first level of responsibility to their client(s), after that, they can be used outside their assigned client base;
- Other duties as assigned by CEC Management.
- 5 years’ experience in similar role with CEC or equivalent company
- 2-year degree from accredited college or substitute 2-years’ experience for 1-year of college.
- Must maintain three major vendor training per year of experience.
- Proficient with Test equipment associated within their group.
- Advanced experience with PC skills, Team Viewer, networking, and server setup.
- Ability to lead any project with little supervision.
- CTS Certification – Preferably CTS-I.
- Experience with Crestron, QSC, Extron, AMX, Biamp control and DSP code.
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations
- Must be able to work in a team environment to produce results
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of communications systems, including audio video, security, card access, fire alarm, RF, IT networking.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred.
- Must have a basic understanding of IT networking/servers.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located at customer locations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.