Attorney - Regulatory
Our client, an electric utility headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is currently looking to fill a new position as a Regulatory Attorney
Why work here?
- Substantial involvement in all aspects of the business
- Work with individuals at all levels of the company
- Chance to help bring company into emissions free environment by 2040
- Promote the company’s ESG goals
- Hybrid office/remote environment
- Relocation support and assistance
What you’ll do:
- Manage company’s state regulatory cases (rate cases, financing requests, asset acquisition approvals, etc.)
- Support the business’ transactional and commercial legal needs
- Manage environmental issues
- Interface with variety of internal teams to provide legal support
- Manage outside counsel
What you will need:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- 10 years legal practice experience, 5 + of those in utility related experience
- Licensed to practice or able to become licensed to practice in New Mexico within one year
- Some commercial/transactional experience is a must
- Litigation/discovery experience a plus
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call using the link below.