Our client has an immediate need for an Asst. Controller at their Roswell/Alpharetta office, position details as follows:
Supervision and management of the Accounting and Lease Administration clerks. Ensure all routine Accounting Department functions are functioning in an accurate and timely basis. Ensure all deadlines are met.
1. Bachelors Degree in Accounting. (CPA candidate preferred.)
2. Excels in oral, written, listening, grammar and proof-reading skills.
3. Must be detailed oriented.
4. Ability to work under pressure.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects.
6. Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
7. Ability to interact and deal with diverse level of personalities and positions in a positive manner.
8. Efficiency and proficiency with calculator and computer.
9. Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines.
10. Working knowledge of computer including Microsoft Word and Excel.
11. Knowledge of construction accounting helpful.
12. Familiarity with payroll and sales tax forms.
13. Proficient with amortization and depreciation software.
14. Works well under pressure.
JOB FUNCTIONS: (But not limited to):
1. Print monthly Cash Flow Statements, Balance Sheet, Receivable Aging, Rent Rolls and consolidated Cash Flow Statements after reviewing. Correct any equity accounts that are out of balance.
2. Update CAM by square foot as required in an Excel worksheet.
3. Manage the chart of accounts. Prepare account analyses and adjust general ledger as necessary.
4. Create and input journal entries and amortization schedules for loans and closings.
5. Set up new property codes in Yardi when properties are bought. Revise the property code number system when needed.
6. Prepare or review payroll tax forms (Georgia and federal) and pay taxes.
7. Prepare sales tax returns (Florida) and pay taxes.
8. Prepare and file IRS Form 8300 (cash receipt reporting) as necessary.
9. Annually purge the Inter-Company Payroll Suspense account by inputting journal entries to record the expense on the proper property and generate the required check to repay the management company.
10. Calculate, journalize and pay monthly management fee.
11. Monthly review mortgage and other recurring payments to ensure all have been paid in a timely manner. Set up new recurring routine for new loans, refinancing, adjustments on existing loans, and other recurring payables.
12. Yearly order the necessary forms and print the 1099-MISC by the required federal due date. Compile and mail the 1096 information to the federal government by the required federal due date.
13. Yearly order the necessary forms and print the W-2 forms by the required federal due date. Compile and mail the W-3 information to the federal government by the required federal due date.
14. Review with Controller any year-end projects. This could consist of but is not limited to reconciling note balances, researching needed financial statements footnotes, preparing year-end financial statements, assisting controller and outside CPA firm.
15. Receive and pay the annual property tax bills for all properties in a timely fashion. Update the property tax file in Yardi so the information is available in the computer system to any necessary employee or department. Work with property tax appeal services to keep property value assessments as low as possible.
16. Make sure leasing commissions are paid twice monthly.
17. Review accounts payable invoices for correct coding and amounts. Assure all vendors are paid in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines.
18. Receive from the Controller the annual property insurance bill. Charge the proper amount to each property and pay the insurance agent in a timely manner.
19. Address and resolve any Yardi software problems for the company.
20. Monitor and update department software.
21. Work with Controller and Director of Information Technology to update the accounting computer hardware as needed.
22. Fill in for Accounting Clerks and Lease Administration clerks during times of absence as needed.
23. Other projects as delegated to.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CB123Click here to apply online