This position will manage, service, and grow relationships within an existing portfolio of wealth management clients. Additionally, this position will partner with Sr. Advisors within the Wealth Management Group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a primary advisor and key consultant to a portfolio of Wealth Management clients using a Holistic advisory approach.
- Partner with Sr. Advisors to analyze investment opportunities and client needs and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Independently researches and analyzes third-party reports and data to assess, determine, and identify various market conditions, tax-reduction strategies, estate planning, asset allocation, etc.
- Prepares detailed presentations and meeting materials for existing and prospective clients.
- Independently assesses the client’s financial situation and provides individualized recommendations, including financial projections, asset allocations, and regulatory/tax risks.
- Provides guidance to Bank’s Wealth Management Advisors and Support teams to identify issues and recommend alternatives for ongoing processes.
- Responsible for the client experience including negotiating, problem resolution, and setting expectations to meet both client needs and bank objectives as it relates to deposits, transfers, distributions, reporting, and address changes on Wealth Management and Bank systems.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving documentation provided to First American Bank as authorization to act on client transaction requests.
- Must exercise judgment with respect to required documentation for specific transactions and evaluate First American Bank’s ability to act upon a request, including opening/closing client accounts and the asset transfer process to and from other organizations.
- Exhibit and apply strong risk management and compliance with all policies and procedures including pro-active notification to Advisors and senior management.
- Maintain documentation of all client interactions in CRM and all electronic imaged files in the bank’s document management system.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Pursuing an advanced degree or professional designation (CFP, CFA) a plus.
- Minimum of three years of experience within wealth management, financial planning, financial services, or a related field required, preferably within a fiduciary environment.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills and a commitment to accuracy.
- Must be comfortable speaking with external and internal contacts with a demonstrated ability to tailor the message appropriately to the audience and situation effectively.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal partners by exhibiting exemplary interpersonal skills, and adopting a constructive, solutions-focused approach.
- Use sound professional judgment to balance the interests of the organization and customer, understanding and using available resources to mitigate risks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 products, CRM, wealth management and bank accounting systems, including the ability to effectively prepare or review documents, procedures, and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and applications, as well as the ability to understand, adapt and adjust responsibilities/workflows as a result of system upgrades.
- Occasional travel to various locations throughout the Chicago metro area is required.