PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION
Support all phases of service and repair of customer robots and robotic systems by providing technical assistance. This work includes setup, troubleshooting and repair of robots and peripheral devices. The majority of the work will occur at headquarters in the recertification department. Scheduled support at customer sites during July, December or other limited scheduled times may be required.
- Repair Robots
- Mechanically and Electrically install robots in cell
- Evaluate any issues and identify non-conforming parts
- Enter all parts required to complete repairs into electronic format
- Repair and test robots
- Package robots for shipping
- Installation Support
- Support the refurbishment of Paint robots at customer locations
- Support preventative maintenance efforts during shutdowns
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous solutions to customer problems. Be able to troubleshoot problems, secure any needed parts.
- Process any necessary paperwork and provide the customer with detailed descriptions of the problem(s) found.
- Provide technical support to various parts of company internally including hotline, training segments and to the training of Associate Service Engineers.
- Reliable, consistent attendance required.
- Assist in process improvement of recertification work.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to analyze and solve service and robot installation problems.
- Experience in the following areas preferred: robotic hardware and software products, industrial electrical, electronic, and computer hardware.
- Associates degree, equivalent technical education, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum two years of experience working in a related environment.
- Tool Chest with basic hand tools. Specialty tools will be provided by employer.
- Up to 10% travel to customer sites during holidays, weekends and shut downs