Title: Associate Merchandise Planner - SPARCDepartment:
Merchandise PlanningReports To:
Senior Merchandise PlannerGeneral Summary:
The Associate Merchandise Planner is responsible for the strategic direction of inventory based on analysis of departmental financials, historical data, and current market trends. They will manage inventory through the use of various merchandise reporting tools, ensuring top sales are being met.Position Responsibilities:
• Execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company.
• With guidance, create pre-season sales, margin and inventory plans by department, class, and/or SKU to support product and financial strategies. Review with manager.
• Analyze historical data and current trends to recap business. Work to identify risks and opportunities by department and by class. In partnership with manager, create strategies to align inventory with Merchant partners.
• Aware of chase/commit calendar. Partner with merchandising & manager to provide sales trend direction & inventory projections for call dates.
• Develop item-level promotional and markdown strategies on a weekly basis. Partner with Merchandising & Merch Control to accuracy of system entry.
• Present forecasts and action plans in open-to-buy meetings. In partnership with manager, create action plan based on forecast and lead discussions to management & cross functional teams.
• Hindsight in-season & post-season performance by category. Share findings with cross functional teams.
• Run & publish various weekly & ad hoc Merchandise Planning reports.
• Work with all levels of Planning & Merchandising from Assistants to President-CMO.Position Requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years of Merchandise Planning or related financial/analytical experience.
• Global business analysis and strategic/innovative thinking skills.
• Ability to present data & influence discussion with executives, peers and members of cross-functional team.
• Understanding of retail financial measurements.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
• Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
• Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microstrategy & planning tools/systems.Click here to apply online